Complaints about the unauthorized practice of law

The filing of a complaint with the Disciplinary Board costs nothing to the Complainant. The Disciplinary Board is funded through fees paid annually by lawyers as part of the State Bar dues assessed against attorneys licensed in this state. The Disciplinary Board is not supported by taxes or other public money.

You can file a complaint against a person or entity you allege is practicing law in New Mexico without a license in one of two ways:

  1. Download the complaint form, below, which is is an Adobe Acrobat® document that can be printed from a computer.  Please do not use this form if you are complaining about a licensed attorney. For those complaints, please link to the Complaints About an Attorney page.

    Complete the complaint form and mail it to:
    2440 Louisiana Blvd. NE, Suite 280
    Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110

    Download The Disciplinary Board Complaint Form
    asd   asd
    English   Spanish
  2. Alternatively, you may file a complaint by using the online complaint form link, below and fill out the form online.  Please note that there is a limited amount of supporting documents that you can upload with the online complaint form.  If you have additional documents that you wish for us to consider please mail those to the above-address and make a notation that you are doing so on the online form.  

    Online complaint about the unauthorized practice of law form